Monday, November 8, 2010

Do I gotta?

I am not a big fan of the whole daylight savings time thing, I don't see a huge benefit in it.  I don't care if it was presented by Ben Franklin or the part-time bug collector or whoever to make sure people had more leisure time daylight, we have electric lights now, it doesn't really matter anymore!

I've yet to hear a good reason for moving the clocks around twice a year.  Okay, okay, yes, it does help save electricity, you got me there.  And it's fun to sing "Time Warp" while you change the clocks.

But I find the whole process obnoxious and stressful.  I know it's only an hour, but that can be a big deal in my house.  An hour is the difference between a smooth bedtime routine and a big meltdown in the middle of everything.  Or, meds kicking in in time to get the boy-child dressed for preschool in an adult fashion or behaving like another preschooler. 


Why can't it happen on a Friday so we can have a weekend to get used to the new times so that work arrival doesn't get messed up?  One Sunday isn't enough, two days is really needed to settle into the new hours via sleep and meal adjustment.

I don't know why, but I feel like I have jetlag every time the clocks change.  I haven't flown from a far off time zone, I've changed the clocks.  I don't feel this wonky flying to or from the west coast and that's a TWO hour difference.

I'm exhausted by 9 o'clock at night, I wake up at 3 in the morning, I fall asleep in the middle of the afternoon, it's craziness.  Why do we have to do this?

Like I said, we have electric lights now, and television and cars and such things, we don't need to be fiddling around with the hands on the clock.

That would be my platform if I were to run for President, I will toss out daylight savings time!  No more springing forward or falling back!  Set your clock and then don't even think about it again!  *huge roar from the crowd*

Amanda's beauty tip of the day:  If you color your hair yourself, put a little Vaseline on your face around your hairline to keep the color off your skin.

No comments: