Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A general update about the Hip Happenings at Casa de 'burbs

Here's an update on what's been going on around here!

- The Hip Husband has agreed to a makeover.  I'm going to wait a little bit until I start on his closet, really, he just needs a haircut, some more pants and different shoes. There are some hot-pink, leopard skin creepers on ebay that would be kickin'.

-Will had his first appointment with the psychologist, who is iffy on Oppositional Defiance Disorder in general.  He suggests positive reinforcement of good behavior along with a soft, consistent, non-dramatic reaction to negative behaviors.  Will is going to see the good Ph.D. once a week until we leave for California and again after we get back. 

-My knee is better! I walked three miles night before last and had my bootcamp class yesterday with no issues, so I'm taking that as a sign I'm good to go.  I spent three days with my bum in the recliner icing the joint every 4 hours and resting it.  The scab is healing and I've managed to control picking at it.  It's not nearly as impressive as it was last week, but I'll have a scar for a little while. 

-Zoe announced that she is going to be a vegetarian while we were in the car on our way to go swimming.  She said it's because she loves animals.  Then she added "But how will I avoid bacon?"  She's stuck to it for almost a week now.  She'll have milk, cheese and eggs.  It makes it easier for me to cook for a lacto-ovo vegetarian than for a vegan.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that she wouldn't be all that into a vegan diet anyway.

-By sticking with regular exercise and a low-fat diet including as many whole foods as I can I've lost 10 pounds and 2 dress sizes.  I finished a new dress last week and had to take it in by quite a bit. 

-I'm going to be sewing like crazy for the rest of the month making dresses for our trip out west.

-In the last two weeks I've succeeded in cleaning out my closet, scrubbing the master bathroom and bedroom.  This is quite the feat!  Go me!

-Our dishwasher has apparently decided that life is just too much and doesn't want to go on.  It sprays water and dries just fine, but the whole washing thing has ceased to happen.  Now, the dishwasher is used for rinsing and drying dishes I wash by hand.  Time to start pinching pennies to get a new one. 

-The school I'm going to be attending has officially changed it's name to The Escoffier School of Culinary Arts.  I'm one piece of paperwork away from having my application completed.  Orientation on the 19th of August! I'm scared to death!  Help!

-I drove through Wendy's last night to treat myself to a twisted Frosty and found that they are not offering them anymore.  They are now offering something called a parfait that comes in a very small cup and isn't very good.  Looks like I'll have to go a little farther down the street to Sonic.  Or, just have Drumsticks instead. 

-It's friggin' hot in Texas! 

Amanda's beauty tip of the day:  Now that it's summer and you'll be using lots of sunscreen, make sure you step up your skin routine if you are blemish prone.  You may need something a little stronger to combat the the clogging of your pores the thick cream will do. 

1 comment:

Cyndee said...

no dull moments in TX