Monday, February 7, 2011

An overwhelmed life, being put off

I have a great deal to do, both in my home and in life.  I'm behind on the photo blogs where I participate, my laundry, the emails I need to send.

How am I doing on my "action items"?  I've done dishes.  I've started a load of laundry. 

But, mostly, I'm downloading CDs onto my computer before attempting to figure out how to operate a little pink ipod Scott got a swag a while back.  And it's not a recent model, it's the kind with the little circle on it and a screen.  Not a touch, just a plain ol' ipod, do they even make these anymore?

Zoe was born in 2001, which means I'm clueless as to what's going on in the current music happenings.  I have discovered the joys of Arcade Fire, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, but beyond that?  I' unno.

Ask me about the 80s, oh, I could tell you what year The Reflex by Duran Duran hit #1 on the billboard chart.  (1984 by the way).  I saw The Cure at the Forum during the Kiss Me tour for my 16th birthday.  And it was my first concert, talk about trial by fire! 

90s?  I could do pretty good.  Smashmouth, Third Eye Blind, Blink 182, alternative goes mainstream. Kurt Cobain took himself out, giving us a music martyr for the decade but leaving us with Courtney. Hip hop made a big impact and Eminem made parents scared.  Oh, and the appearance of Britney Spears, marking the comeback of bubble-gum pop. 

Last ten years?  I gots no clue. 

That includes the technology.  I'm still operating with the round, silver things that require a player that won't fit in your pocket if using a portable model.  If I want to change the album, I have to carry a fairly large book with me.  I've learned the hard way that anti-skip isn't really a feature anymore.  And, as I said, the player I"m trying to make work isn't even a new one. 

I like walking the dogs after the kids go to bed, when it's warm enough and I like to listen to music while I take our constitutional.  But my CD player skips, so I need to make this little thing work. 

All I have is the ipod, no instruction book or anything like that.  Luckily, I know how to use the interweb to find information.  Hopefully, for our walk tonight I can be singing along with the Dave Matthews Band.

Amanda's beauty tip of the day:  That tip about using a toothbrush to exfoliate your lips?  Yeah, don't do that.

No comments: