Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Scorchin' Student vented

I met with my instructor yesterday.  It ended up being mostly a vent session on my part along with letting her know about the conflict that's developed between the other female student and me.  My teach has advised me to keep doing what I'm doing.  Since homework is now turned in, that's not going to effect me that much but I'll get credit for it now.

She did let me know that she knows she can count on me to answer questions in lecture.  My GPA tells me that I'm doing just fine.  I have to admit this stroke my ego and gives me the validation I need (I was about to lie and say occasionally) on a regular basis.  (Yeah, yeah I should be past that.  Don't judge me!)

And I'll confess I felt like a whiner, a tattle-tale and a general attention-sucking asshole.  I'll also say that yesterday's class was much more focused. Still not quick, but more efficient.  When I walked in everyone was reading their books, making sure their homework was finished and generally preparing for our day of sausage-making and cheese preparation.

But, Will threw up at school yesterday and Scott woke up with the flu.  I'm home caring for my men instead of working on pate and terrines.

I'm optimistic that things will continue to improve.  If not, I can stay calm and professional.  I'm still practicing at home.  This week will be ricotta and mozzarella.  Remember,  it says in my syllabus that I'm to be practicing on my friends and family so if you're in my area we just need to schedule a time for me to come over and cook for ya!  You supply the ingredients, I supply my new knowledge.

Amanda's beauty tip of the day:  Now that it's getting colder, monitor your skin for any dryness that's coming up.  You may have to swap your cleanser to something less drying if you have oily skin.  For dry skin, you'll most likely need to use your moisturizer more often.

No comments: