Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Today was a good day.

I've been at the new job for almost 3 months.  I've been doing well, as I've said.

Welp,  I went in yesterday to find they'd hired someone else to work with the Korean cuisine team.  I knew that one of my co-workers was transferring to another location and some shifting around was going to be happening, but it now looked like I was going to be going elsewhere.

I was finishing up my tasks for the day, getting ready to scrub down my prep table when the exiting co-worker asked me how early I could come in tomorrow. 

"Um, 7. Why?"

"Because you're going to be training with me tomorrow and Wednesday can be a heavy day.  I like to have a little extra time to get everything ready."

Oh. 

I was going to be taking over her station. 

It got back to our supervisors that she'd let the cat out of the bag and I talked with my manager and the executive chef.  I will indeed be taking over the station that serves sandwiches, salads and some desserts.  It's all cold food, except for Thursdays when we make personal pizzas.  Then it's a mad house with lines around the cafe.  I'll be responsible for set up, serving and breaking down.  I'll do a very small amount of menu planning. 

In addition to taking on more responsibility, I got a raise!

As an added positive, I got my phone fixed!

Today was a good day.  I'll be going in early tomorrow to start learning what I'll be doing.

Amanda's household tip of the day:  When you are going to clean your oven, use your vacuum to get the crumbs out.  Soooo much easier. 


No comments: