Saturday, January 1, 2011

Okay, I got the info now shut up about it

Before I do the blog entry I had planned for the first day of the year, I would like to tell y'all about the notifications I've received from more than one source about my arm tattoo.

Yes, I know the ACTUAL Rosie the Riveter image is this one:


created by Norman Rockwell in 1943.  The painting has been acquired by Crystal Bridges Art Museum in Bentonville Arkansas for it's permanent collection.  The museum will be opening 11-11-11 and was founded by Alice Walton, the girl-child of Sam Walton who brought Wal-Mart to the world.

The image of Geraldine Doyle I have tattooed on my body is the We Can Do It! girl from the Westinghouse poster.

I refer to her as Rosie the Riveter because her image is called Rosie the Riveter in popular culture.

Now quit shakin' your brain around in my face.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

is it on their body NO, does it really concern them, NO, does it make you happy and stronger, YES, Tell them to fuck off! :D